The combination of research knowledge and entrepreneurial thinking spurs medical progress. If the translation of findings from basic research into the world of business succeeds, ideas turn into marketable products, therapies and applications. Conversely, research can be inspired by practical needs in the life sciences. If you like to acquire know-how and skills in this area the new Minor in BioMed Entrepreneurship (30 ECTS) is just right for you.
The aim of the Minor is to provide you with proven know-how at the interface of scientific and economic thinking. You will learn entrepreneurial thinking and the necessary skills and tools to put your innovative ideas into practice, be it in a Bio or MedTech venture or when starting your own business.
You will for example…
- learn from industry professionals from existing or Start-up BioMed companies.
- get to know the basics of IP law, management, accounting, marketing and others.
- receive systematic guidance how to take the critical first steps of a successful commercialisation.
- benefit from a ten-week internship with valuable insights into a company in the life science industry.
- learn how to address potential financing partners and how to pitch for resources.
The field of entrepreneurship presents unique opportunities, each with its individual challenges and benefits. A career in entrepreneurship can be made in virtually any field, depending on your interests. The Minor will help you deciding in which field you would like to work and which career steps you would like to follow after your Master. It will facilitate the entrance into industry and provide you with new professional opportunities. More information.